Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Jason has been doing some silly and sweet things recently, and I'm afraid I will forget them if I don't write them down.
- He loves to walk around with a blanket (which he calls Bah-Bah) over his head, pull it off, and yell "Pee-pie!"
- He calls oranges "rahr-raaange" and bananas "bah-lither-lithers". I don't understand the banana thing, since he can say ba and nana quite well. It is really cute, and Justin and I have found ourselves calling them bahlitherlithers too.
- The dogs are "pah-pees" and Butter is still "Bah". She's been called that since Jason first started talking.
- Jason loves to blow kisses at everyone. It's so cute.
- When he wants milk, he says "malll-kuh". And if you don't get him milk, he will say "mall-kuh-kuh-kuh". He also calls all drinks milk, but he does know how to say juice.
- Yes is pronounced "yesh" and please is "peas".
- He has busted his chin several times, so when he's pointing out the features of the face, he points to his chin and says "ouch".
- Ear is "ee-yur".
- He refuses to say nose. He can name everything on the face, but he will not say nose. I can't figure this out.
- He can tell you the sound of a ton of animals. Cats (which he calls "cacks") say "ee-how". Goats say "knee" instead of nay. Peacocks are "pee-pops" in our house.
- Our boy can get down. He loves to dance, and seems to dance the most to bluesy-jazz music.
- When I showed him the ladder to the slide, he looked at me like "Why haven't you shown me this before?" and climbed right up to the top.
- He says hey and bye to everyone he sees. I think he is the happiest and sweetest baby I've ever met.
Oh, how I love this boy!
My friends have been telling me that the way they potty trained their boys was to just let them run around outside without a diaper on. Since it has been such good weather recently, I decided to try it. Monday, after work, I got Jason and we went outside. He was commando, I was not. After a little while, he went out to the "woods" part of our yard (where the dogs poop), and squatted. I asked him what he was doing, and he pointed to his booty and said "doo-doo". I thought he was kidding, but he was telling the truth. At least he knew the correct place to go!
Jason does love being outside. He's mastered climbing up the slide, and swinging on the big boy swing. Here are some pics/video:
Here's some video of him swinging:
|In the doghouse!|
Monday, February 7, 2011
One of my favorite things on earth to do is family nap time. Jason usually takes a late nap, and occasionally, Justin and I are home to join him. I'm so glad that we both have jobs to where this can happen. We spend more time giggling than sleeping, and it is so precious. I know one day, Jason will be too old to do this, so we are soaking it up now.
Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
This was Jason's second Christmas. It was way more fun than the first one! He actually got excited about his gifts and would say "Oooo!" if he really liked something. Santa (or Nanta as Jason calls him) got him some drums, which he was really excited about. Also, he loved looking at Christmas lights. Every little light would cause him to say "Ooo! Light!"