Sunday, December 27, 2009

My oldest son

Bread is the first animal that I've ever had live in the house with me. As I was growing up, I always had a dog or cat that lived outside, but my mom was really strict about animals living in the house. Although, my brother has a cat that lives in the house with them now, but I guess that's neither here nor there. Anyway, there's something different about the relationship that you develop with an animal that you share life day in and day out with. They stop being just another animal, and become a member of the family.

Butter, the cat, is a woman unto herself. She will only allow you to hold her when she deems fit. Since Rocko died, that h
as happened more often, but she still will not let you hold her unless she is in the mood. Peanut, the Australian Shepherd, is the consummate family dog. He is only happy when he has the whole family in one room. If we are not all in the same room, he will shepherd us together, or go crazy trying! Bread, the Pomeranian, has always been my dog. He is constantly by my side, and I love him dearly!

When Justin was taking the 7 month photos of Jason, he decided to take a few shots of my first baby. This one was my favorite:

1 comment:

Janice said...

I am so glad you finally have been updating!!! Love the family pics :) Too cute! Bread looks so pretty in that pic. I can see why you like it so much! Miss and love ya!