Saturday, September 12, 2009

First Day at Church

We finally decided to brave going to church, after some encouragement from our friends Justin and Misty Stricklin. I had been worried about how it was going to work out, since I am nursing. Luckily, our church is prepared for that, and has a nursing room available. So, we got up early one Sunday morning, got Jason ready, fed him before we left, and went to church. Church started at 10:45. We dropped him off at 10:30. At 11, I got a text message saying to come feed him. I left the sanctuary just as the pastor was starting his sermon. When I got back, the pastor was saying, "Join me in prayer", essentially finishing his sermon. I pretty much only got to be there for the singing before and after.

Very tired, but happy to be there!

Luckily, Misty is a seasoned veteran with babies (she has 3, and is a NICU/well baby nurse), and she advised feeding him at the church before I went to the sanctuary. I did that the next Sunday, and guess what? I got to stay during the whole service! Thank goodness for good and smart friends!

No comments: