I got tagged for this on Facebook, but realized it would be a good blog post. I really have a hard time coming up with stuff to write about on here, so I figured copy and pasting could work!
25 random things about me:
1. I am a dentist, but some days, I wonder if I should have been a vet.
2. I only like listening to music in my car and when I'm getting ready in the morning. I don't like it playing while I'm in the house, which is totally different from Justin, who always has to have music playing.
3. I like to cook and bake, but really don't want to eat anything I cook or bake. I guess I feel like I've been staring at it for the last hour, and can't stomach eating it. So, we go out to eat a lot.
4. I get a thrill when I catch grammatical errors on billboards/menus/etc, but I realize that's dorky, and I don't usually tell anyone, unless they are really close to me. So, if you've heard me say that something is spelled wrong, congrats!
5. I'm scared that I'm going to get as big as a house when I have this baby. When people tell me that I'm not showing yet (I'm over 5 and a half months pregnant), it makes me feel good. But, don't worry. I'm not starving myself. The baby is in the 89th percentile for size, which is good.
6. I have no idea what to name this baby. We have no family names worth falling back on, and nothing sounds really good with Rives. So, for now, we are calling him "Poohdiggle".
7. Everyone that I love has an alternate name/nickname that I've made up for them: Bread is Bookie, Peanut is Peter, Justin is Zusty/Musty, Butter is Butthead, etc. So, unfortunately, Poohdiggle might stick.
8. I hate Ugg shoes. I think they are UGG-ly.
9. I am the world's worst at picking a place to eat. And, if we are eating somewhere new, I will usually pick the worst thing to eat out of everyone. The only place where this didn't happen was Asia. I ate really well there! I seemed to pick the best meal each time.
10. I don't have an athletic bone in my body. My parents put me in ballet at the age of 2 to work on my coordination, and after 12 years, I wasn't any more coordinated than I was at 2.
11. I'm really proud of my little brother and the man that he is becoming. I'm also really proud that he didn't inherit my driving skills. He's yet to be in a major wreck.
12. I haven't been in a wreck since I was a freshman in college (9 years ago), but since I got in 4 wrecks in 2 years, I will always be considered by my family to be a bad driver.
13. I get joy out of the little things: blue KoolAid Bursts, Justin making the bed, and Jello pudding snacks. These 3 things can make my week.
14. I married the complete opposite of me, and I can't imagine life with anyone else. He is my best friend.
15. I'm scared that having this baby will ruin what I consider a wonderful marriage. Everyone says having a baby changes everything, and I happen to really love my life right now, exactly the way it is. Maybe it will change it for the better.
16. I really miss all of my friends that have moved. I'm talking high school, college, and dental school. I got really depressed the last month of dental school because I realized that I would probably never keep in touch with over 50% of the class. And, I was underestimating. I don't even like thinking about it because it makes me want to cry.
17. I don't like spending money, but Justin does, so we actually have a few nice things thanks to him. The only way he can get me spend money is to make me buy something right when I'm thinking about it. He knows if I leave the store to think about it, that we will never get it. That's why we buy everything (furniture, car, mattress) spur of the moment.
18. I really hope this baby gets all of my good genes and none of my bad ones. I pray for that at night when I can't sleep.
19. I also pray for my baby's future spouse, just like my parents did. I really believe that's how I ended up with such a good spouse because my parents prayed for him my whole life. I really want this baby to have that.
20. I don't sleep well, and I got this from my dad. It's only gotten worse since I've been pregnant.
21. I wish I was a meaner boss. I just want people to like me, and you can't be a good boss if you are like that.
22. I like to read about celebrities on the internet, and it annoys Justin. I don't know why it bothers him so much.
23. I used to be obsessive about painting my toes, but I've let it go since I've been pregnant. Don't worry though! They will be perfect when I deliver! I don't want people thinking I don't take care of that stuff.
24. I am extremely self conscious.
25. I still think of stuff I did in elementary/middle/junior high/high school/college and how I wish I could change it.